Senior Events Manager
The Russell Group is looking to appoint an outstanding senior events professional who will plan and deliver an impactful programme of activities that will support and enhance the reputation of its member organisations in the years ahead.
- Reporting to the Head of Communications, and working in a professional, motivated communications team, this is a visible post which interacts with all aspects of the organisation
- You will develop and deliver a calendar of events in conjunction with the policy team and within a wider corporate communications strategy, to support and reinforce the reputation of the Russell Group nationally and internationally in a constantly evolving political and policy-led environment
- You will be encouraged to devise new and creative ways of presenting the Russell Group, conceiving and delivering a coherent and targeted programme of events, directed at key stakeholders, with responsibility for managing project teams, budgets, and external contractors
- Confident and highly motivated you will have substantial experience of working at a senior level in events management with a track record of creating impactful, compelling and relevant programmes of activity with demonstrable results.
- You will have experience working across multi-media platforms to promote and enhance an event. Publishing experience is desirable but not essential
- Excellent project management and organisational skills are essential combined with great attention to detail and the ability to ensure that all outputs are of the highest quality
- Working in a multi-stakeholder environment, you will have a collaborative working style combined with a natural ability to balance tact and diplomacy with assertiveness
- A graduate with a good honours degree, you will be intellectually confident with the personal qualities to succeed in a dynamic and progressive environment
Knowledge of the changing nature of the Higher Education sector would be advantageous as would experience of working in a political or Government environment. However, the most important requirement is solid experience in event management.
How to Apply
The full job description for this post is available below.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements for this role [quoting reference JO-1507-3601] to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a confidential conversation, please contact Tom Ewen on + 44 (0)20 7340 6499
The closing date for applications is 9am on Tuesday 8 September 2015.
More details - Senior Events Manager
For information about job vacancies at our member universities please visit their individual websites, links to which can be found here.